June 1, 2017 | Goei Center | Beer City, USA
Ballads & Brews returns with another jovial celebration of song and West Michigan craft beer. Grab your mates and head down to the pub for this year’s British-themed event. The fun evening will include craft beer sampling, traditional pub fare, plenty of quirky surprises, and a special opera fusion performance from Opera Grand Rapids Emerging Artists.
This benefit supports Opera Grand Rapids’ productions and programs year-round. Thank you for supporting live opera in West Michigan.
See photos from the 2016 event here.
5:30 Strolling sips and starters
7:00 Seated pub grub and live entertainment
Buy tickets online or contact the Opera Grand Rapids Box Office at 616.451.2741.
Attire is British Culture & Costume
A selection of suggested costumes are available at Kostume Room for rent. Costume rentals average $30-$50. Get your costume ready for the event’s costume contest! Available costumes are as follows.
Elton John (2 available)
Ziggy Stardust/David Bowie
Royal King & Queen (individual or pair)
Sherlock Holmes (2 available)
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (2 sets available)
Mary Poppins (2 available)
Colonial Officer (2 available)
Opera Grand Rapids is pleased to offer the following auction items to be included at this year’s event.
- Lunch and lab tour at Van Andel Institute with a well-known scientist
- 1-week condo stay at Sea Oaks Resort in Vero Beach, Florida
- Tour and talk for 4 people aboard a Grand Rapids Fire Department fire engine
- Dinner for 4 at Nonna’s Cafe with Opera Grand Rapids Artistic and General Directors, with a special performance by Opera Grand Rapids Emerging Artists
- Indulgent basket of cheese, crackers, nuts, dried fruit and other delicious snacks from The Cheese Lady
Please check back again as auction items get added.
At Your Service Valet is the preferred valet of Opera Grand Rapids.
To sponsor Ballads & Brews, please contact Angela Freier at 616.451.2741 or firstname.lastname@example.org.