Charitable contributions are crucial to our mission of producing high-quality opera. More than 65% of Opera Grand Rapids annual budget comes from generous contributions from supporters. These gifts make it possible for us to obtain the resources needed to provide our audiences with a high-quality opera experience.
Your Support Makes It Possible To
- Recruit world-class artists
- Engage local artists, including our Opera Grand Rapids Chorus and Children’s Chorus
- Collaborate with the Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra
- Utilize beautiful sets, staging and costumes
- Hire a production team for stage direction, stage management, choreography, costume design, wig and makeup design, lighting design, technical direction, and props coordination
- Educate the community about the art form
- Encourage young talent and engagement in the arts
- And much, much more
It’s a local treasure. It’s a tradition. It’s great storytelling. It’s got something for everyone. It’s good for area youth.
It’s a local treasure. Having a local Professional Opera Company adds to West Michigan’s growing reputation as a center for the arts.
It’s a tradition. Opera has been a part of Grand Rapids culture for nearly 50 years – and has entertained people around the world for over 400 years.
It’s great storytelling. Opera is about love. Fighting. Adventure. Comedy. Misunderstanding. Heartbreak. And sometimes all of them at once.
It’s got something for everyone. Whether you’re into fashion, art, drama, dance, music, or even psychology, opera is an exciting, multi-layered way to experience what you love.
It’s good for area youth. Opera Grand Rapids offers many outreach programs