The Opera Grand Rapids Chorus is seeking new members for our 2023/24 chorus! BARITONES/BASSES are especially encouraged to audition.
- This season consists of three chorus cycles. The first cycle, Die Entführung aus dem Serail, will use a small subset of current chorus members, so you will be auditioning for ONLY the next two cycles.
- Cycle #2: Chorus Concert, an evening to celebrate our fantastic chorus! It will feature both choral singing as well as audition opportunities for arias and small ensembles with fellow choristers.
- Cycle #3: La bohème, Puccini
- NOTE: If you are interested in auditioning for the chorus, please contact Emilee Syrewicze at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see the TENTATIVE SCHEDULE. All calls are still subject to change, but I’d estimate that the dates/times are 90% accurate.
Auditions are available Sunday, September 24, 2:00–5:00 pm. Each audition will be 10 minutes and will consist of the following elements:
- Solo. Please prepare one solo piece to sing. A pianist will be provided for you free of charge. Make sure your music is in suitable shape for a pianist to sight-read. I am interested in hearing how well you sing, not how complicated your aria is. An unaccompanied “Happy Birthday” is as acceptable a choice as “Nessun dorma.”
- Simple physical movement
If you are interested in auditioning for the chorus, please contact Emilee Syrewicze at email@example.com
- Chorus Concert: $200
- La bohème: $450
Checks will be distributed at the final performance of each event.
Please contact Executive Director Emilee Syrewicze at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.