2022/23 Season Subscriptions now available!
Save 15% compared to single ticket prices.
Additional benefits of subscribing include
- Bring-a-friend for 15% off single tickets purchased as a subscriber (excludes student tickets)
- Seat retention and first right of refusal on your seats for the next season
- FREE lost ticket replacement and ticket exchanges
- Receive a tax deduction when donating back unused tickets prior to day of show
- Save 15% on tickets to any 2022/23 Explore Opera events and performances
2022/23 Season Subscription online order form
If you have misplaced your tickets for Aida, please contact the Box Office at 616.451.2741 ext. 3 or by email at email@example.com
The Last American Hammer
by Peter Hilliard and Matt Boresi
February 17 & 19, 2023
Irwin Seating Company
Milcom Negley, a one-man militia, rages against the tyranny of federal overreach. A conspiracy theorist, Milcom believes an obscure, would-be Thirteenth amendment negates the authority of our government. The only major source of employment in town—a hammer manufacturer—has shuttered, and Milcom is armed with “the last American hammer” to roll off the plant’s line. He is hunkered down in a rural museum with curator Tink Enraught and FBI Agent Reyes.
by Giuseppe Verdi
May 5 & 7, 2023
DeVos Performance Hall
Verdi’s towering masterpiece Aida is a tale of patriotism, love and betrayal, set against the backdrop of ancient Egypt. Aida, princess of Ethiopia, is the captive slave of the Egyptian princess Amneris. Both are in love with Radamès, who commands the Egyptian army against the invading Ethiopians. The love triangle turns to ruin when Aida’s father, Amonasro, appeals to his daughter’s love of country to betray Radamès.